Some Of My Shrimp

Ron

Ghost shrimp do not have long arms with claws like in his pic. Sometimes there are contaminants in the ghost shrimp tanks that aren't actually ghost shrimp, so maybe your ghost shrimp is something else. The shrimp in his picture looks like some species of Macrobrachium. I had one 2 years ago that I bought labeled as "blue claw shrimp" from BA but turned out to be a red claw with red banding on its arms. It looked just like the one in Ron's first pic.

http://www.theshrimp...cro-shrimp.html

Yeah, I've read a couple of posts where people bought feeder Ghost shrimp but one ended up being Macrobrachium rosenbergii and it eventually out grew the fish and the hunted became the hunter.

How did you keep yours? Did it do well for you?

Thanks,

Ron

Mine did well but it creeped me out when it got bigger, so I gave it to a friend. I kept it in a 20g and it hid most of the time and was really skittish(shooting around the tank when I cleaned it). I bought it when it was little and cute but it grew fast and got pretty big. Bigger then I thought it would. Its body was around 3" and its total lenght, with its arms, was probably closer to 5". It ate all the cherry shrimp I had in the tank :(

I've kept lots of shrimp and crayfish before but he was one creepy shrimp.

Here is the thread I started about mine when I first bought him. It has pics of what mind looked like. http://albertaaquatica.com/index.php?showtopic=16714&st=0&p=2138494&hl=macrobrachium&fromsearch=1entry2138494

I could be wrong but I better be damn sure if I am going to walk into Gold Aquarium and tell Dennis he ripped me off.

What did you buy it as? How much did you pay?

oh... do you find those ceramic balls actually do anything to help? BB would be good but is that all they are for?

I see my PFRs picking at them once in a while but I have no idea if they are harbouring the bacteria they are supposed to. I really only used them because Frank has them in his CRS tank.

Ron