Some Of My Shrimp

Ron

I thought I would share some of the shrimp I am currently keeping.

Only survivor of my well water mishap, SSS Grade CRS

post-5043-0-97057300-1314921179_thumb.jpg

Something new, Blue Rili

post-5043-0-59441300-1314921197_thumb.jpg

Something really new only had it for a few hours, Vampire shrimp

post-5043-0-06594100-1314921216_thumb.jpg

Macrobrachium of some sort, Alpha male

post-5043-0-80241400-1314921462_thumb.jpg

Another male Macrobrachium, not sure if they are both males as there isn't much info on these guys out there.

post-5043-0-54479200-1314921480_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Ron

Your last two pics look like the "ghost shrimp" I got from a Lfs

I don't think Ghost Shrimp have long arm claws (but I could be wrong) and the shrimp in the last pic is just over 2" long. Personally I have never seen a Ghost Shrimp that big.

Edited by Ron

So I have a crappy camara and cant get a good pic but they have the claws near the head and then bigger ones right next to them. The second pair look about a nich long with little claws on they end

So I have a crappy camara and cant get a good pic but they have the claws near the head and then bigger ones right next to them. The second pair look about a nich long with little claws on they end

The claws on mine are ~ 2/3 of the body length, does yours have thicker claws (than legs) and red stripes?

Ron

They do have a red stripe on each claw. And the claws are a little thicker then the legs as well longer then the legs. I will try taking a pic with my phone see if it works better

Ghost shrimp do not have long arms with claws like in his pic. Sometimes there are contaminants in the ghost shrimp tanks that aren't actually ghost shrimp, so maybe your ghost shrimp is something else. The shrimp in his picture looks like some species of Macrobrachium. I had one 2 years ago that I bought labeled as "blue claw shrimp" from BA but turned out to be a red claw with red banding on its arms. It looked just like the one in Ron's first pic.

http://www.theshrimptank.com/dwarf-shrimp-species/red-claw-macro-shrimp.html

They do have a red stripe on each claw. And the claws are a little thicker then the legs as well longer then the legs. I will try taking a pic with my phone see if it works better

Did a little digging and I think they are Red Claw Shrimp, here is a better pick of the claws:

post-5043-0-16457800-1314935599_thumb.jpg

I could be wrong but I better be damn sure if I am going to walk into Gold Aquarium and tell Dennis he ripped me off.

Ron

Ghost shrimp do not have long arms with claws like in his pic. Sometimes there are contaminants in the ghost shrimp tanks that aren't actually ghost shrimp, so maybe your ghost shrimp is something else. The shrimp in his picture looks like some species of Macrobrachium. I had one 2 years ago that I bought labeled as "blue claw shrimp" from BA but turned out to be a red claw with red banding on its arms. It looked just like the one in Ron's first pic.

http://www.theshrimp...cro-shrimp.html

Yeah, I've read a couple of posts where people bought feeder Ghost shrimp but one ended up being Macrobrachium rosenbergii and it eventually out grew the fish and the hunted became the hunter.

How did you keep yours? Did it do well for you?

Thanks,

Ron

Edited by Ron