Couldn't pass it up

rudy

I have heard no one can keep these alive, but as I am up to a good challenge for a cool fish, I had to pick one up.

They apparently live for a few months and die for no reason. Anybody ever tried one. Definatley are incredibly active. Probably the most active fish I have ever seen. Also eats a ton.

Edited by rudy

It is yep. There is not much info on the web about them other than sushi eating people who die from them.

I do not know a heck of a lot about them sorry. I got it at Rverfront.

Hey I don't know anything either, but it would be intresting to see what you trying give us all the details, equipment, size, decor, tank chemistry. I'm not a puffer nut, but I am planning a gsp tank and considered trying the fugu since they look healthy at riverfront definately a challenge though

I've looked arounf this forum, heres a thread that might be useful, heck maybe you've already seen it but

http://www.thepufferforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=290

Edited by vantgE

That is a good post!

seems like a lot of work in trying to keep this fish alive, if they just die for no aparent reason!

Good luck with this task rudy... I hope they out live their expected tank life for you!

are you keeping them in brackish water, salt water or fresh water?

nev

I may get crapped on for saying this, but I am going to keep it fresh with a bit of salt to keep the fungus away. Everyone goes to full salt within a year. If the fish is going to die anyway I am going to try something different.

Someone (I think TAN) from puffer forum kept hers in fw for over 6 years and gave it to her friend and the friend still has it in fw for over 10 or so years now...who knows how to keep them but she had success in fw.

Wickedpuffer (from waterwolves) tried it in fw to marine...i think he bought 6 and 4 died right away but the last 2 he has going for 10 months now in SW...

gl folks!! Hope it works out.

js

• 3 weeks later...

Nahh I got a mbu instead.

In all honesty I wasn't a big fan of the fugu. Some fish seem happy in an aquarium. Fugus act like a shark in a fish bowl. Way to active to feel comfortable in a box.