Glass Covers?

jeremoose

Hey, every time I look at a classified add for aquarium equipment all the larger tanks seem to come with sliding glass covers or something similar. Recently I decided I wanted to switch my canopy's out on my two 50g's and switch over to some T8 shop lights. Where do I get these sliding glass covers? What can I expect to pay? Thanks!

I think I got mine at Petsmart and they were on clearance, 10 dollars for 10 gallon tank size. I do use plexi on some of mine because I get it for the best price: free....

you can go to a local glass shop and they will cut you whatever sizes you need.and its usually a pretty decent price as long as you use normal glass(nothing fancy)

the only tough part about doing that is finding something for the glass to slide in/on

i just cut up old windows and put the hinge from aquagiant (buck a foot) on and stik on a small handel no slide just make the second piece what ever size you want your feeding area if need be its not hard topull off if you need to get in the tank

The glass wuz gratis from someone in this thread. :rolleyes: I cut it to fit. It will slide with a nudge from the front or back. I sanded the leading glass edges that run on the platic so it doesn't shave plastic each time I slide it. If I were to do it again, I'd think about taking another inch off the depth.

The glass is too thick for plastic hinges, but it's thin enough that the pane sits below the top edge of the frame. The T8 canopy light fixture over hangs the tank by 2". So the fixture sits on the top edge of the frame - above the glass surface.

Not pretty, but it'll do until I hafta do something different

Edited by Fisher