Tank Pictures

Mko

wicked setup.

i like the contrast of colors between the different rasboras.

nice hydrocotyle verticillata,i have some of the same plant in my shrimp tanks.

it is a very hard plant to find and very expensive,but once it starts a nice carpet you will be thrilled with it. it is by far my fav plant

who do you have the one ballast just as back light?was it just for the photos?or do you always have it on?

Thank you, I have a few videos of the tank up on youtube you can see more info under the "members journals" section of the forum. The backlight i turn on when im viewing showcasing or taking pictures it is turned off for the rest of the day to prevent some unwanted algae growing from excess light. I plan on using conduits to create an overhanging light to maybe naturally create that back light effect.

Nice tank.I like nano to small setups. That way, it keeps the costs down:)

What did you use for your background?

Is it easy to grow hydrocotyle verticillata? Im planning to grow glosso with this on the foreground of my next tank.

Is that a glass drop checker similar to ADA on the lower right?

Nice tank.I like nano to small setups. That way, it keeps the costs down:)

What did you use for your background?

Is it easy to grow hydrocotyle verticillata? Im planning to grow glosso with this on the foreground of my next tank.

Is that a glass drop checker similar to ADA on the lower right?

i am quite a fan of your tanks too. I love your iwagumi layouts. I'm planning to get one started up over christmas to be honest. Hydrocotyle verticillata just comes to life with Co2 i think. With no Co2 its quite stagnant and is a great spawning zone of all sorts of algae. Under Co2 injection it grows quite rapidly seeing new leaves almost everyweek. Not to mention it is quite quick at spreading itself out. And the glass equipment you see in the right hand corner is not a drop checker its the actual diffuser. Mr.Aqua diffuser. I plan on picking up a drop checker online to keep a more accurate measurement of Co2 within the tank. As for the background do you mean light? or plants?

well look at that you want to make a triangular composition and i want to try my hands at an iwagumi haha. The white is actually just my white wall with the light just bouncing right off of it. I agree it makes it a lot nicer for photography and overall asthetic apperance in my oppinion. seems to give a good illusion of depth into the tank.

• 2 weeks later...