My 60G Setup

Nukes25

here's a pic of my 60g setup

IMG_2373.jpg

substrate- playsand

fluval 404, ebo-jager 250w heater

Lighting- Hagen AquaGlo & SunGlo (I believe they are T8 Fluo's), I think its time to change them though, as they are original, from 2005

1 moneywort, 1 amazon sword live plants

5 black phantom tetra's, 3 hasbora tetra, 5 zebra danios, 1 male guppy, 2 female guppys, 2 Apistogramma cacatuoides, 1 Thorichthys meeki (firemouth) 1 L076 orange seam pleco

I'm hoping to move soon, then I will get my 44g hex back, and will set that up for the gf's community guys

Edited by Nukes25

• 3 weeks later...

just changed around the layout of the tank, removed the fake deco's, and added slate shelves, more driftwood, and some more live plants

IMG_2432.jpg

also added an LDA001- Gold stripe panaque

here he is hiding in one of the wood

IMG_2435.jpg

added 2 apisto panduro's, and 2 apisto eunotus

IMG_2437.jpg

IMG_2447.jpg

here's some night shots of him, the tank beside the one he was in was labelled to have the L134 Peckoltia compta, so if he is, I got him cheaper than they were asking, but he was identified by their resident pleco guy ( Norm at Pisces here in Calgary)

IMG_2465.jpg

IMG_2459.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

so a little update,

I managed to get ahold of mr pleco the other day, took some better pics

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

and changed my lighting a bit, ditched the old Sun-Glo & Aqua-glo bulbs, put in a new Life-Glo and Flora-Glo bulbs, lined the white reflectors with aluminum foil, and added a blue LED strip along the back edge of the hood for night lighting

before-

IMG_2498.jpg

1 reflector done, LED strip in

IMG_2500.jpg

LED on

IMG_2551.jpg

( you can see I've changed the right side of the tank a little, will get a daytime pic up soon)

I ordered a new filter off ebay @1 month ago, finally got it in yesterday, its a 'sun-sun' 303b, with a built in 9w UV

IMG_2584.jpg

so pulled it all out, cleaned it off

IMG_2586.jpg

there's 3 trays, each had a cotton filter, and I loaded each tray up with http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Matrix.html seachem's matrix biofilter media, then got it all plumbed up to the tank, and it runs soo quiet, doesnt seem likes its running at all :P, so now I'll be switching my fluval 404 to backup duty and water polisher once the new one is seeded and established

• 3 weeks later...

finally got a pic of my gf's 45

IMG_2753.jpg

its @ 1.5 months old, fluval C4 hob, and a 205 on it, but once my 120 is going, these guys will be taking over my 60, and this will be up for sale

and the breeding trap floating around there has 2 baby guppies in it :P

Edited by Nukes25