Rena Xp2 Is Having Problems

coreybecker

it may just be some air caught in the filter,it may just stop over night once the air escapes.

or do you run a airstone in you tank?is it really close to you filter intake?

that could be it.

but im not sure.hopefully it just stops making noise over night

Normal for these filters. I am running 4 of them. They do this till all the air purges from the filter and Sometimes it takes a day or so. Anything longer the filter is sucking in air from a poorly seated gasket or intake.

Sl

+1

maybe check out your seal,and you hoses

I have had this with mine as well and usually it is one of two things,

1) remove the quick disconnect from the lid and check the intake port on the filter, if there is something caught up in there like some leaves or dead fish it will cause a vortex or swirling motion as the water enters the filter producing noise and air bubbles. Sounds corny but its happened to me, once I removed the debris from the intake port everything was good.

2) you may have an air pocket at the top of the filter. When I fill my canister up I release one of the clamps till the water just starts to come out the top, then I quickly lock it back up, that way you are 100% sure the canister is totally full of water.

Another thing to check is the cap that screws on the top of the intake tube, if it is not completely tight it will suck air and cause alot of noise and bubbles.

Edited by sherlock

In the instructions it says to reconnect empty so that the air will escape when its priming. Works everytime for me. My quick disconnect was leaky abit and ithanks to some searching found that a few wraps of teflon tape seals it solid.