Lighting Question

meeiu

I was just wondering if anybody had any experiences with this light:

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/140644013995?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649#ht_1687wt_1396

I am trying to grow HC and Dwarf Hair Grass in a 10 gallon with CO2 and ferts. Accompanying this will be ADA AquaSoil and PowerSand Special.

Thank you

save youself some money on shipping and get 2-24" t5ho sunblasters from a hydroponic shop... you don't need reflectors in a tank that size.

co2 is very important with hc...light not so much.

Edited by ubr0ke

save youself some money on shipping and get 2-24" t5ho sunblasters from a hydroponic shop... you don't need reflectors in a tank that size.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I was wondering which retail location in Edmonton sells SunBlasters? Or better yet, do you know of any locations in Calgary that hold their product?

I was wondering which retail location in Edmonton sells SunBlasters? Or better yet, do you know of any locations in Calgary that hold their product?

I actually just picked one up today. Quick grow garden center on edmonton trail a couple blocks south of 16th, address is 1204 edmonton trail. $30 for the 24"T5HO fixture as well as the reflector. Puts out a ton of light, I wish I had done this rather than spend the money on an actual aquatic fixture when I got this tank set up. Way cheaper and seems to put out more light to me. This is on a 22" deep 35G tank. Main fixture is an aquatic life 2x24w T5HO fixture which was ~$160. Here's some pics, excuse the messy tank. First picture is just the aquatic life fixture, second is both fixtures, third is just the sunblaster.

http://imgur.com/MwMNM,f2vDq,mPOo6

I actually just picked one up today. Quick grow garden center on edmonton trail a couple blocks south of 16th, address is 1204 edmonton trail. $30 for the 24"T5HO fixture as well as the reflector. Puts out a ton of light, I wish I had done this rather than spend the money on an actual aquatic fixture when I got this tank set up. Way cheaper and seems to put out more light to me. This is on a 22" deep 35G tank. Main fixture is an aquatic life 2x24w T5HO fixture which was ~$160. Here's some pics, excuse the messy tank. First picture is just the aquatic life fixture, second is both fixtures, third is just the sunblaster.

http://imgur.com/MwMNM,f2vDq,mPOo6

Thank you so much for the info.

Went and picked up 2 sets today!

I drove all the way to the North side bah, lee valley sells them also. (if you're over that way)

So far I'm pretty impressed.

I drove all the way to the North side bah, lee valley sells them also. (if you're over that way)

Wah! Never thought of looking at Lee Valley (104 Ave & 184 Street)

http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/page.aspx?p=67298&cat=2,44716

The desription says it c/w a reflector (an option for the SunBlaster). Is the reflector squint worthy Sierra?

Wah! Never thought of looking at Lee Valley (104 Ave & 184 Street)

http://www.leevalley...298&cat=2,44716

The desription says it c/w a reflector (an option for the SunBlaster). Is the reflector squint worthy Sierra?

This is the reflector mine came with: http://sunblasterlighting.com/nanotech-t5ho-reflector.php . It seems quite good to me, although I don't have a lot of experience with reflectors. It seems to give superior results to the reflectors in my aquaticlife fixture though.

The light is really bright, it hurts the eyes and I always shut it off and use a different one when replanting/fiddling in the tank....maybe I'm a wuss.

Have not taken off the reflector and looked at it...when I get home I will report back.

I was just so impressed with the price.. I mean a replacement bulb is 6.95! It doesn't get any better.

Thank you so much for the info.

Went and picked up 2 sets today!

Good show meeiu! If you ever end up using two fixtures on one tank, you have the advantage of spreading them out more than a double bulb fixture would permit. I don't know if anyone following this topic has fiddled with that idea. Does an extra 4" between bulbs matter to either create or eliminate lower light zones?

The canopy on my 120g had 5 of these when it was heavily planted, and now that it's only moderately planted its down to 3 of them.