Has Anyone Moved A 6 Foot Tank Downstairs.

PistolPete

I had a gong show of a time but i got my 420 gallon 7 ft tank and i had to slide it down the stares and then at the bottom spin it still on the edge and lift over the rail wasnt fun and wish it was only 6 ft then i would have been able to stand it up but wasnt enought room but 5 guys did get it in with not a whole lot of heavy lifting

Suction cups scare me. Especially ones from a place like princess auto.when they release there is no warning and the tank is down and someone has a really sore back. Movers straps are the bomb, then slide down the stairs, stand it on end, make the turn and away ya go.

Wow, you guys are all making this seem like it's such a complex process. I've moved 6ft tanks up and down stairs with 2 people (both of us just 160lbs). Just be careful with your backs when lifting. If you're worried that two of you can't get it done then enlist some help to make it easier on you guys (recommended). The tank should be fine on end at the bottom of the stairs to pivot. Just put a few layers of towels down on the floor at the bottom of the stairs so you don't scratch the tank up.

I recently hauled a 180 down to my basement. The local moving company was charging $50 bucks with the help of 3 guys, they were going to use a flat board simular to an ambulance stretcher that they use for moving heavy items like pianos.

They were too busy to come over that day so me and the brother-in-law hauled it down without any issues. Figured this info will help out in future moves to all users.