Odyssea T5 Ho

Edward

Hey Guys, I am looking for opinions on the Odyssea T5 HO Lights. Looking at getting the 48" 4 bulb setup. Has anyone had any experience for them? I know it cab be a risk because it is a cheap product. But at about $150 shipped to me... worth trying? Any other economical brands I should be looking at?

Took a look on kijiji, there's this 48" 4x65 watt fixture, which may be more light than you're looking for. They're asking $150 but you could probably talk them down. link.

Also found these, each fixture is 55 watts at 24" so the two fixtures to cover your tank would be 110 watts. Asking $35 per fixture so $70 for the two of them if you don't talk them down. link.

• 3 weeks later...

I just have to say I don't know why people continually slam the Odyssea fixtures when they likely haven't used them. They're sturdy, cheap, and look good. What else do you want?

P.S. I realize this thread is close to a month old :P

I have the Odyssea T5 HO fixtures over both my tanks as well. I was a little worried because of what I had read online. I bought them off an ebay seller, the labelling wasn't very clear and I didn't know they were Odyssea. Now that I have them, I think they are fine and I'm happy with the purchase. Sleek, sturdy, the only problem I have is that they don't fit my 20" tank like they are supposed to. Which has nothing to do with how well my plants like them!

yeah I really wanted to return my sunblasters when I saw that price with the 20% off. But I threw out my packaging. But I did make some legs and brackets for my 2 sunblasters, So I guess in the end it all worked out the same, not as nice looking but works

yeah I really wanted to return my sunblasters when I saw that price with the 20% off. But I threw out my packaging. But I did make some legs and brackets for my 2 sunblasters, So I guess in the end it all worked out the same, not as nice looking but works

Got any pictures?