Contest ?

Hey, sorry

We've done contests in the past and they never really worked out. They were a lot of work to organize and member participation was usually lacking or quickly fizzled out. So I don't think we'll do another contest but you never know.

Did you have any suggestion for types of contests?

Yeah we've tried monthly, quarterly contests and also things like planted tanks contests. There was minimal participation compared to how much work it took to put them on.

Like our last contest was the new logo contest and only 5 people participated and the prize was even $100! Or I think we only had 3 entries when we tried to do a planted tank contest. Considering we have thousands of members and hundreds that are frequent visitors, it didn't make it feel like it was worth the work.

I'm not saying 100% no. Maybe we'll try it again in the future.

So lets hear suggestions on what people might want to see in a contest. Photo? Beautiful tank contest? Etc?

A photo based beautiful tank contest would be wonderful for those that dont want visitors and those that dont have excellent cameras. To avoid fraud the winner would haveto post another recognizable photo with some random object inside it like 3 one inch pieces of airline tubing. Not everyone has a good camera and almost nobody thinks their tank will stand up to others so to avoid the whole embarrassment some might have thinking their thank isnt good enough or just pkain old not wanting to be critisized there should be numbers and no names attatched.

To avoid a lack of participation have a minimum number of participants or else the contest doesnt go ahead to prizes. Give 3 months for people to get their tank perfect and when the photo is submitted reply with your choice of random object or number taped to the tank glass. and have them take the picture immediately in case of disaster. If i was better with techy stuff id volunteer to organise but i fear it would only end in dissappointment that way

Heres to hopeing and i would love to see someone win a contest like this.

L

• 3 weeks later...

A contest but in a different direction. Anywho like the idea of a kids coloring contest? rules...dunno. can be figured out by members brainstorming.

Maybe pick something from this : http://tinyurl.com/c5t6vsr (google image search of fish line drawings)

Kids like fish too, we cannot have all the fun. :)

• 2 months later...