Bubbles In A Small Set Up.

So I got 2 of these for an amazing deal (2 tanks and delivery) and I was wondering what is the smallest bubbler and pump out there. The light would give the min. heat requirement I would need but thinking of aeration to keep it in check (with regular WC). Not sure yet what I would put in there yet, just liked the tanks. Possibly cloud minnows, a betta, maybe have micros again.

Edited by jeanie1978

I would think one of the small air pumps that would come with the 2.5 gallon you can buy. Actually I have one that you can have for 2$ lol it's small maybe the size of shot glass

That thing's so small, I'd just go w/o anything. Do 80% WCs every other day - maybe using water from a clean, established tank.

They're vetted at being a 1.5 - 2G Betta bowl. Haven't gotten them yet (being delivered in a week) so unsure of size. Wanted some interesting set up but worry about levels in something that small, hence the bubbler idea to keep water moving.

Truthfully I can't see that being 2 gallons. Even based on the weight, as 2 gallons of water would weigh ~16 pounds, which seems excessive looking at how the bowl is supported. If it is one gallon though you could probably get a small sponge filter and put some shrimp in there with a moss ball or few small plants.

less than 2g for me. close to a 1 gal I think.

don't add an air pump...you'll have a line in on the side...a BZZZZZZ at the side of the desk...it'll take away from that nice small pico look.

Throw in a couple small plants...give it good light but not direct sun and find a couple of the smallest fish you an buy. Once your plants are, if you want to call 'established' in a 1 gal tank, then you can cut down on the frequency of the WC. Perhaps some some dedicated snail colony in one.