Run Around For Potassium Permanganate

ckmullin

This is more of an fyi, so you don't go through the same hassle.

A couple days back I had put in an order for this @ my local Shoppers Drug Mart. After them going back and forth between me, their own head office and Health Canada...it was discovered that they need a licence to sell this chemical. Even though I paid for this product, the product came in and I was there to pick it up I was refused since this particular location does not have said licence. I ended up going elsewhere for this purchase.

If you have not previously bought PP, I'd suggest that you ask BEFORE you purchase to make sure they have this licence. Upon doing a quick google search, I came up with this document :

http://www.hc-sc.gc....omestic-eng.php

Hope this will help someone.

So in edmonton i would have a hard time? What do i have to ask them when i call? what license do they need?

I'd recommend to just be upfront about the needing a licence and ask about it when you say you want to buy PP. From my understanding, a licence to be able to sell it.. Too bad your not in Calgary, I'd go splits with you.

By chance I had gone to the local walmart, it was not on their list...I had gone to superstore, I was told NO in a loud voice! heh

OR just play ignorant of needing the licence...as it really isn't YOUR concern...it is theirs. In my case, since it is a special order...I had to pay for it upfront. When shoppers said no, I just got my refund and left.

Edited by ckmullin

I don't know how recent the aforementioned rules came into effect, but when I bought my PP, I called, they said they had it in stock, and asked me what I wanted it for. I explained it was for disinfecting plants, they said OK. That was probably something like 2000-2001? And for the record, it was the Zellers pharmacy in Millwoods Town Center.

And yah, a little bit goes a LONG way:)

James

Edited by James (Western Canada)