Over Filtered, Ok To Overstock?

epiphany

I prefer marbled hatches, personally. Plus, they stay smaller than silver or stripe hatchets.

The marbles are the better looking of the species. Mine tend to stay together and in your tank there smaller size might be perfect. Although every once and awhile you'll here a thunk (and I'm sure I hear them swear when they do this) as they'll jump sometimes. they can handle the semi aggressiveness of the barbs no problem and will stay loosely schooled together. Good Luck.

The marbles are the better looking of the species. Mine tend to stay together and in your tank there smaller size might be perfect. Although every once and awhile you'll here a thunk (and I'm sure I hear them swear when they do this) as they'll jump sometimes. they can handle the semi aggressiveness of the barbs no problem and will stay loosely schooled together. Good Luck.

Excellent, I'll get some this week then. And I'm used to that sound as sometimes one of my gouramis goes for food way too fast and hits the glass and it seems a few of the otos do it once in a while. Does 8 seem like a good number?

Of all the tetras I have, I find that my rummynose school up the best of all of them. Maybe that means they a bunch of chickens, I really don't know. I have had them in a 30g and now in a 140g and they act exactly the same. Occasionally will form smaller groups but for the most part all 13 stay together and swim in the bottom and middle area of the tank. They look fantastic!

• 1 month later...