My Fish Must Have Got The Memo.

vince0

Its spring outside in case anyone hasn't noticed and my fishroom sure is the proof of this. Over the last couple weeks, I have had a couple species of cichlids go into spawning mode. The most awaited of these species was neolamprologus caudopunctatus, I have had these fish in a species tank since last october waiting for some action. Turns out all their tank needed was a quick decor change and fry appeared a week later. I walked in today to see that my rainbow cichlid had spanwed which was a total surprise. I had just moved these to a different tank, and I was expecting them to take longer to adjust!

Anyone else's fishroom going spring crazy?

Pics to come

Vince

I have the impression that my fish live in some sort of permanent spring in a tropical paradise, their tanks are always heated and the length of their days is always the same. My convicts and endlers breed all year round next to my pest snails. :)

However my other fish and shrimp don't breed at all :(

I noticed my betta boys have nests galore... now if only my calico bns and blue angels would get the memo..