Fluval Ebi - Advice & Suggestions?

The_Little_One

Hey folks.

I just picked up a new fluval ebi for an invert tank and I imagine there are plenty of other owners in this community forum. Please feel free to post your thoughts, reviews, custom changes, and suggestions here. I'd love to see/hear how other people have been enjoying their ebi's and would benefit from advice from seasons vets.

First thought/suggestion - I was a little annoyed the filter didn't come with the carbon insert to begin with. I found them for $4 at Riverfront though, so not that pricey. Phew!

Also, I heard that loosely stuffing the first slot of the filter with angel hair helps speed up the filtration process. Thoughts?

Cheers.

I have a couple Fluval Ebi kits and I am not a fan of the filters or the backgrounds. I redid my tanks when I moved and while I was filling them up, the glue released and the foam backgrounds shot out. I was lucky it didn't happen while the tank was up and running as I have read this has happened and caused a lot of damage. So now mine are backgroundless and I tossed the Fluval filters and I use sponge filters.

Personally I prefer the Eheim kit instead, much better filter, glass seems to be better quality and it has a LED light.

• 2 months later...

I just bought my first Ebi and like it but there was a few problems.

Either the tank or the glass top isnt square. The glass top will not fit on the top of the tank with all 4 of the glass top inserts installed.

Second was the foam pad was in pretty rough shape when it showed up and needed some trimming.

Overall not a bad kit for $100!