Oh Dear I Believe I'm Hopeless, Is There Any Help 4 Me?

Fin2you

Thankfully I have a very understanding hubby & lots of room.

1st betta: Fin, male veiltail royal blue w/redwash~wanted another after 10 years without a betta, from Pisces

2835945180055689198KOYnjR_th.jpg

2nd betta: Little Girl, female veiltail, color id?~ 'rescued' from Pisces b/c she was so tiny & stressed out

2231074240055689198YXprPi_th.jpg

3rd betta; Minnow, female veiltail, is she a royal blue w/redwash?~'rescued' from Pisces b/c she looks way too skinny she's "long & narrow".

2145566470055689198RBEzzO_th.jpg

4th betta: Peakaboo, female veiltail deap purple~bought from Big Als b/c of her dark color & thought I've got 2 females already I might as well start a sorority & she was hiding in the back of their sorority tank all alone. Her name is b/c she's rarely seen, she doesn't come out from her "stump" (I've seen her chase 1 of the other girls away not meanly, just enough to say this is my hidey-hole) But when she is out she swims around the other girls just fine.

2029968910055689198jYbJJI_th.jpg

5th betta: Pretty Boy, male SuperDelta bought from Big Als, just arrived Monday from Singapore.

2888539630055689198BqvwRH_th.jpg

Now on a mission for 2 more; anyone know where I can get these from???

a red (hopefully with white edged fins) SuperDelta female

a black & white crowntail female

Once Pretty Boy is less stressed he will move from the cube into his own tank with an ivory bridgesi mystery apple snail (coming from sprucegrove this summer!)

Then my unique colored spixi's will go into the cube tank;

2037639000055689198xmdany_th.jpg

Edited by Fin2you

Fin2you, there's absolutely nothing wrong with you except you don't have enough bettas,lol. Talk to me when you get over 100 or more(like me!!).

Betta are so addictive! They are easy to keep and soooooooooooo pretty! SD females are hard to find and so is anything female that has black. Good luck with your search!

well it looks like I've just bought 2 sister halfmoon plankats. 1 is a very light cambodian & the other is black! they will be old enough & big enough to ship next Monday! I am very excited! The seller has promised me pictures of my 2 later today, they are going to move them into their own holding tank! Never thought I'd go plankat's but I saw the cambodian's coloring and thought yep... Then in a video they sent me of the grow out tank I saw this little black shimmering betta & said I want it too. it's a runt about a cm smaller than the cambodian sister but that's ok I can baby her along!

I'm doing my order(which is usually just for me!!) and can get super delta females but have no selection(it's wholesale). PM me if interested and I'll add some. My orders are usually over 50 bettas so you've just got a beginning addiction.......

I love black and white..together seperate it's all good!

It's nice to see other people excited over these fish.

I find their genetics just fascinating. There are a ton of websites out there with great information, but beware the more you read the more obsessed you become...or errr such is the case with myself. Good luck with all your new babies!

I am seriously pathetic I've been checking my email every 2 minutes all afternoon waiting for these pictures to come thru. In the end once the black runt I was interested in, was in the holding tank they realized it was a male. But they had 2 sized more like the PK mom not the giant HMPK, that were stuck together like glue & the 1 was the identical color of the 1 I'd picked out. I agreed and they are now in a grow out tank with a label saying they're mine!!!! Now I just need to wait for 1-2more weeks for them to grow out some more & for my payment to clear..... Oh well I'll have to come up with names, I think I'm upgrading my sorority tank this weekend to a 15- 20gal on a stand (then that 10gal can go to Pretty Boy)...

this is the girl that was stuck like glue to the 1 I really like the coloring of: he said she didn't unstress stripe in a couple hrs. I figure I'm a sucker most of my girls have been b/c I felt sorry for how rough shape/stress they were....

2864949020055689198HDTIvz_th.jpg

& this Cambodian colored HMPK is the 1 that caught my eye

2855280710055689198LcnSDm_th.jpg

2 more added to my sorority :{ gosh darn it I'm so hooked.... I went to Pisces with a friend she needed to pick up water conditioner & course the big bottles are right by the bettas... I thought I'd just look and see if I could tell the girls from the boys and they had to have 2 purple girls.....

2461276650055689198rhJahP_th.jpg

2030222410055689198DePQMj_th.jpg

on the bonus adding 2 more to the group has made Peakaboo more comfortable and she doesn't hide as much & I've caught her joining in the chases. I've also moved their tank decorations a bit took away 1 cave they all avoided & added a bonsai tree decoration they like swimming thru it.

2575590270055689198qAZavz_th.jpg

I bought a tetra whisper internal filter 20i for this 10gal tank yesterday when I bought a 5.5gal for Pretty Boy.

2436385940055689198xoLEZm_th.jpg