Pseudocrenilabrus nicholsi

dunl

My new male from Ellie and the staff at Petland......I can't believe the colour on him, and he is just getting adjusted to the new tank....

sorry for crap photographs, but you get the picture (no pun intended)

f3056601.jpg

f3056601.jpg

f305675e.jpg

f305683a.jpg

f30568e2.jpg

f30569ac.jpg

f3056aa8.jpg

These pictures just cannot do this fish justice.

Albert, any suggestions on tankmates? With their agression levels, I was thinking he might look really good in with some mbunas - should be bale to easily handle them once he grows.

Just a note: if anyone in Calgary's been inspired to pick up a couple they're for sale at Tanks Alot. I don't remember the price but they're not expensive. I would have got a couple but they sound a little too aggresive for what would have been their tank. There was a male coloured up and looking as good as this guy but I'm not sure if he's still there.

Nice looking fish.

From what I have read, they are more of a "cichlid-hobbyiest" fish. In other words, not very common to find, not extremely profitable to raise, but a really nice species to keep if you just like cichlids. Also not something that most people go looking for, and the ones that do - usually can't find them.

There were four that were holding, and I thought we had one, but I can't really tell right now. If it is, it's definately not the one that was busting at the seams. May have spit already, too.

Just a note: if anyone in Calgary's been inspired to pick up a couple they're for sale at Tanks Alot. I don't remember the price but they're not expensive. I would have got a couple but they sound a little too aggresive for what would have been their tank. There was a male coloured up and looking as good as this guy but I'm not sure if he's still there.

Nice looking fish.

Nope, they're gone. Three guesses to who took them all -cat- <--- what the hell is this...