Help With Glass Aquarium

Becky

Hey, I'm just getting back into the hobby.

I've aquired a 75 gallon tank and light hood that sits on top of the tank. unfortuneatly there was not a glass top with the tank. Nor a center brace, or a plastic strip or any kind of plastic frame around the top of the glass.

Is there anything I can do? The flourescent lights would be totally exposed to the water and I do not want that. Are there any kind of repair kits that are available?

I can post a pic if needed.

Becky

You can buy glass from a glass shop, as cut offs usually, to use as both a center brace that you can silicone into the middle, and you can also use more glass for a top.

Or go to a LFS and they can sell you some glass sometimes.

The shop advertising on kijiji should be able to supply ou with a glass top, and cut you a center brace. They may even be able to help you out with trim....

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-pets-accessories-300-gallon-tank-and-stand-brand-new-W0QQAdIdZ370451875

Bow Valley Aquariums

know you are getting the best prices and superior quality.

Warehouse/Showroom located in Wrangler Industrial

403-272-4960

Address: Bay 15, 10 Wrangler Place S.E. Calgary

We have over 38 years’ experience in the aquarium manufacturing business. Many of our staff is knowledgeable in the keeping and rearing of fish and many various reptiles. You can tell us what you want, or ask our advice on requirements to suite your animal of choice.

We specialize in custom aquariums; with or without drilled overflows and sumps, internal or external overflows and blue or black backgrounds. Ultra-clear PPG starphire glass.

No order is too big or too small. We cater to the individual as well as pet stores and zoos.