Need Suggestions For Holiday Vacation Destinations

Bandi

Can you all point me in the direction of one or two large city aquariums that I can plan to visit that features freshwater fish on display. I would love to see some of my favorit cichlids in large aquariums and thought I might plan a holiday around such a tour.

Not so much interested in salt water fish.

Any suggestions so I can check out various websites would be appreciated. Thanks.

I saw the most amazing cichlids in Lake Apoyo, Nicaragua! the water was crystal clear and could not believe the amount I could see from the shore.

quite agree.

to assume and dismiss seeing wildlife in their natural state is unfortunate. I've seen many great wonders in nature while even being on the other side of the waters looking glass.

Edited by ckmullin

Bandi,

You can always go to Banff and see the jewel cichlids there(seriously). I only spotted gambusia and mollies when I was there but there's supposed to be some jewels too. As far as travelling, freshwater aquariums are few and far between. However, I was impressed by San Diego. There's freshwater at Sea World and the Zoo. The Scripps Institute at La Jolla has the Birch aquarium which is smaller(but way cheaper than Sea World) but you can walk down to the beach and see the tidal pools. There's one lfs and a Petco that are walking distance from Old Town too. Nice clean city that's not too expensive too.