Garage Sale Finds

hey all.

just scored a sweet tank stand for my little 5 gallon. Walked into a garage sale and my wife spied it up right away. Being the tunnel vision kind of guy that I am, I wasnt even thinking about that since I had planned to build my own.

So, I thought Id see what everyones favourite Garage Sale find has been. Ever go and find something super cool?

I found a coconut carved like a monkey for 25 cents which says have fun and its giving the finger in a very subtle way lol has now become my work complaint dept! as for tanks 2-200watt heaters for 2.00 as they had no clue what they were for :D

lol sweet. was it an old couple? i usually find those joke items at old folks garage sales. I found a little fakey outhouse that said 'time saver- seats two' on the front. When you opened it it had a normal outhouse seat in it with a ladder to another shelf above with the same size hole in it as the out house seat directly over the other seat....

Yeah they were getting rid of their kid's left over stuff, at 42 he just finally moved from mom and dad's *eye roll* and got a job, always wanted to fake out someone with that a fake trap door over the toilet with a chain and sign *Please pull to empty upstairs toilet*

Some time last month I got a 35g tank with a few little things for $5 from a moving sale.

Also I recently got a 10g tank with hood + light and some other things for $2. and on my way home spotted another garage sale and got a really nice wood table for $10 that looks rather nice in my fish room. Fits my new 35g too hehe

I drive my husband crazy with my love for garage sales...and now he's more afraid cause whenever I see a tank my eyes light up lol Things were so much more simple when he just had to worry about me bringing home piles of books hahaha!

Edited by DragonNeko

For the garage salers in Edmonton, our neighbourhood is having a community wide garage sale this weekend. Its pretty cool as you can hit up a lot of garage sales in one area. It starts Thursday May 24th and is in Dovercourt (just north of Westmount mall). There is usually an ad in the Journal about it too. When you go to a house ask if they have a map. There are usually maps that show where all the houses are to make it easier.

I usually hit it up and last year I got a nice 3g with chrome trim for a couple bucks :)