My First Post On An Internet Forum...ever

HoffeMan

Hello all, I'm new here, and by here I mean internet forums as well this specific forum. I have ready through many forums in the past and enjoyed witnessing many flame wars, but have never been a member of any sort of online forum. Anyways, in keeping with the category of this post I will divulge some information about myself. I'm a soon-to-be second year photography student at the Alberta College of Art and Design (ACAD) and I'm hoping to be some sort of professional photographer one day. I'm not really much of a fish hobbyist but we do have a fish tank in our basement populated by a single albino tiger oscar. Oh yes, and I do work in a pet store so I do have more knowledge than the average person when it comes to aquariums. I am by no means an expert, but I know a few things. Anyways, I guess I will give this whole forum thing a whirl and hopefully become a decent member of AA and further my knowledge about fish and aquariums so I can give more accurate information to people when I'm at work. Oh yeah, and I should probably scour the internet for a decent profile picture (if that's what they are called).

Edited by HoffeMan

Well then on this special occasion let me be the first to respond with hello to you first ever post! A whole world will open up. Now you'll be spending more time than your significant other would like you to be spending on the net!

As far as this forum, some great stuff here, loads to read and some good lively chat.

I enjoy taking the odd snapshot myself. Didn't do the school route but nonetheless still a passion. Last camera I bought was a Nikon f100...damn wish now it would have been digital! lol

Looks like you found your profile picture/avatar/etc...it suits your intro.

ps. now you'll be expected to participate in those heated flame wars! muahahaha

Oh yes, I am also a big film fan too so I thought the countdown slides were suitable for a profile picture. Also, I'm a Canon guy myself and am currently saving up for a new lens I want. Maybe some people here do some good underwater photography. Man, such an expensive hobby...however, I'm sure everybody on this forum knows about expensive hobbies seeing as keeping an aquarium can be quite costly. Anyways, thanks for the reply, I guess I'm no longer a forum virgin and have most likely entered a world which will consume gratuitous amounts of time late at night.

And yes, I will be sure to be prepared to do battle if the occasion should arise and a flame war erupts. I do have some experience on Facebook, but I'm by no means a veteran in the art of waging a flame war.

Welcome to the site! Photography and fish go hand in hand, they make such beautiful subjects! My Betta are such hams for the camera. If you ever need to practice, I am sure there are many here that would love you to snap a few of their fish!

Well, I certainly didn't expect such a warm welcome so I thank you all. I think if this forum was a country, it would be the Netherlands, or anywhere that is warm and welcoming for that matter. I guess that's up for debate I suppose.