Diy Co2 That Isnt Hideous And Big?

MrsFard

Smaller bottles is about all you can do but you'll run out of sugar faster.

DIY is a pain. If you are going to have co2 for more than two years a pressurized system is probably a good investment. Sugar ain't cheap and there's a lot of maintanence.

Buy the refills at canadian tire. It is half the price of Fluval.

Or buy an adjustor and hook up a 20 oz to the Fluval connector .

I read somewhere the threading on the canadian tire ones arent the same- is it true? if so, how do you rig it? what does an adjustor look like? I saw some CO2 thingies on kijiji for paintballing- is that what you mean?

Edited by MrsFard

Who does not love jcgd for making life more complicated(ps are you going to come get some plants soon??)?? I use the the black nutrafin systems for 9 ( I think) tanks that are spread all over the house with a DIY mix of yeast, that really expensive sugar(that I buy in bulk) and baking soda. Every 3-4 weeks, I refill them, taking all of 20 minutes. I'm really happy with the results but all of my tanks are 29 gallons or less. And I haven't blown anything up ....yet!!

It's actually the black nutrafin system that hangs off the back of the tank. I just make the mixture for it.

I read somewhere the threading on the canadian tire ones arent the same- is it true? if so, how do you rig it? what does an adjustor look like? I saw some CO2 thingies on kijiji for paintballing- is that what you mean?

There are small ones like the Fluval system at Canadian tire. I found the threading matched and it was cheaper then Fluval from the Lfs.

I then moved to a paintball canister as I upgraded my tank. I used the following

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=115850

After all said and done it costed me 30 for the parts as I got a few second hand parts.

Edited by Demonking