Corals

zigzag0213

iv just started up a 26 bow tank. and its been running for 2 and a half weeks now. just wondering what some good started corals are that are easy to look after and are some what nice to look at. so far i got 1 mushroom thats doing well.

Any soft corals are good starters. As mentioned above, zoas along with GSP, xenia, Kenya tree and leathers are easy to keep. I would let your tank cycle for at least 2 more weeks before adding anything, with salt water it's extremely important not to rush things.

Some fish/inverts will eat it, but once it's gone, you'll have to find a way to feed the animal. I had a sea hare that did a decent job. I've seen people acclimate mollies to SW an they do a great job - plus, theh aren't specialized feeders, do they'll do fine on pellets afterward.

You could "rent" a sea hare. ;)

Warning, there's a saying in the SW world, "friends don't give friends GSP" (Green Star Polyps, cause they can spread like crazy. Xenia can also spread like crazy so make sure whatever you choose, you really like it 'cause if/when it spreads it can be a real PITA to get rid of.)

You could "rent" a sea hare. ;)

Warning, there's a saying in the SW world, "friends don't give friends GSP" (Green Star Polyps, cause they can spread like crazy. Xenia can also spread like crazy so make sure whatever you choose, you really like it 'cause if/when it spreads it can be a real PITA to get rid of.)

Second this!! lol

IMO I would start off with Frags, and not colonies, so see what does well in your tank. After a few weeks, see what has come out and thrived. Then buy those colonies.

Jeff