Arowana Tank Mates Or Not?

Albertafish

Hello I was wondering about tank mates for an Arowana I am fairly new to them and I am mostly confused about what I can and can't keep with them and it seems everyone you ask about them gives me a different answer is there anyone out there with arowanas that can give me any advice so that I can try to keep my silver Arowana happy?

Arowanas aren't shoaling type fish so should be ok solitary. Just ensure that he has enough space to grow; silvers take up a lot of room.

Bottom feeders such as Clown loaches, rays, cats (ie. tigrinus) and bichirs are usually a good idea since they can finish up anything the aro doesn't get. Otherwise as Pistolpete said, anything that doesn't fit in its mouth is good to go. I personally like Fei fengs and Tigerfish; you'll have the ultimate feng shui tank.

If you are confused about a particular specie, feel free to post it on here and i'm sure others with exp will able to chime in :D

Those fei fengs are the fish that also eat alge as well correct? And will they live and thrive with rays as well?

Correct great algae eaters!

Just be careful as there are some instances where the FF will rasp on the ray causing stress etc.

Those fei fengs are the fish that also eat alge as well correct? And will they live and thrive with rays as well?

Hehe i think the answer lies in your own post. Fei Fengs do eat meat but are primarily algae eaters. Hope this helps.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

Edited by tomuhs