Fish Id Help And Can Someone Adopt?

So browsing kijiji, and saw this ad pretty sure its a cichlid but not sure what exactly, its living in a freaking bowl and is for free, I want to rescue it but not at the expense of it annihilating all my fish, anyone can id it or possibly adopting it themselves?

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-pets-other-pets-for-sale-need-gone-tonight-W0QQAdIdZ400977514

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

Hard to tell from the poor picture, but I looked on google for a fish that matched those colors, and found some possibilities;

Maylandia hajomaylandi

electric yellow/red zebra mix

Pseudotropheus saulosi

My guess is a Jewel Cichlid - once those things start breeding.... well, let's just say they can give Convicts a run for their money! I think the flash and crappy conditions have washed out the color.

I saw that ad yesterday, made me sick. If I remember it properly, they mentioned that their kid (5 year old?) had lost interest. Are you freaking kidding me?! People just never learn - don't buy anything for your kid unless you fully intend to care for it yourself. Kids are kids...and shouldn't be expected to care for anything - they can't care for themselves right?! Ok, I'll get off my soap box now, lol.

It looks like the ad is gone.