Some Advice On Camllanus Treatment

flyfisher

Hi All

Looking for some pointers or advice on treating my tanks for this horrible red demon.I have been using some Fenbendazole liquid i obtained from my vet it has taken care of approx. 90% of the worms but after two complete 3 weeks treatments worms still appear to be hanging out of some fish.So I have ordered some Levamisloe HCI from canadian aquatics, and would like to begin treatment ASAP but should i make sure all previous medication has been removed?( water changes charcoal etc.)

As for fenben not hurting snails look out it effectively killed all pond and MTS snails but ramshorn survived??

thanks FLY

For my experience with these nasty bastards, I was told to make sureany previous meds were out just to be on the safe side, plus was recommended to do a 50% WC, before doing the dosing, so I would say get yoyr water back to pure than dose

I know this won't help but I have a question -- where are you guys getting these worm things from ?

I got it twice from not properly quarantining a fish I was picking up and holding for a friend.

And once I got it from not properly cleaning a live plant that was given to me.

I don't know how anyone else gets this disease,maybe bad diet or water conditions or a combo of both

A lot of people's problem is,they only do one dose and expect the worms to be gone.

Then the worms show up again in a month,I always dose twice with LEV sometimes even a third time to be sure

I'm always for the look out for these worms as I get a lot of wild caught Apisto's . I have read many times these fish come in with worms but have never seen any,. Perhaps my quarrentine period which includes a couple days of clout is knocking them out ? or I could just be in need of glasses - not sure

I'm always for the look out for these worms as I get a lot of wild caught Apisto's . I have read many times these fish come in with worms but have never seen any,. Perhaps my quarrentine period which includes a couple days of clout is knocking them out ? or I could just be in need of glasses - not sure

LOL the only way I can see them is with a pair reading glasses.I know i picked this up from fish purchased at a local lfs that i didn't quarentine properly lesson learned.

But since this I have noticed more tanks also have this worms I think most people don't notice.

FLY

LOL the only way I can see them is with a pair reading glasses.I know i picked this up from fish purchased at a local lfs that i didn't quarentine properly lesson learned.

But since this I have noticed more tanks also have this worms I think most people don't notice.

FLY

Yep,the very first time I got these worms I diddent know what the problem was,had to ask around,i think i even started a post just like this one.now that I have delt with it a couple time I can spot them "50ft" away lol

Once you get them 1-2 times and know the symptoms you seem to get paranoid about it,I rarely even take free fish unless it's from a reliable hobbyists

I know this won't help but I have a question -- where are you guys getting these worm things from ?

Shoot me your email and I'll send you the list of stores I have figured it out has them. :)

I've sold lots of Levamisole because of them!

Edited by Jayba

Shoot me your email and I'll send you the list of stores I have figured it out has them. :)

Ok done

Ohh by the way African order is arriving in the morning

Edited by JORG

Ok done

Ohh by the way African order is arriving in the morning

Look forward to the list tomorrow! Hopefully there is some tangs that get me all hot and bothered.