Some Advice On Camllanus Treatment

flyfisher

I have gotten them from people (not here) that I have purchased fish from as well as the few times I cheaped out and went to a pet (not an aquarium) store ie. Petsmart, Pj Pets although not even all aquarium stores are reliable but agree once you have them a few times very easy to spot the next round. Have to say after trying to get rid of them using several different remedies/medications Levamisol is the only thing that works

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure where in Edmonton maybe some AA members can help you out.I picked mine up from Canadian Aquatics very easy to deal with and arrived via mail in four days.Don't follow their dosing levels it can be to harsh for some fish I believe RD ( AA-mentor ) has some very good articles on dosing levels in fish emergency section.

They were very hard for me to see when I vacuumed my 75g which had substrate.I had better luck seeing them in my bare bottom10g QT tank after treatments for new fish even then had to wear reading glasses.The worms are small 1cm at most and transparent when not feeding on a victim.

Edited by flyfisher

Your welcome but a LOT of the credit should go to Jayba who really help me out me out when I was in the same situation as yourself.He provided me with info.and links to beat these things,the very least I can do is spread the word these worms can be taken care of without having to euthanize all of your fish and starting over as many suggested.