Angelfish Eggs Going Bad

Aquariaman

When I lived on the farm I was raising Angel fish and had few problems with hatching the eggs. After I had moved to Melfort I set-up my tanks again, bought some young stock ,

put them in a 70 gallon tank to grow out and pair up. When the pairs showed themselves I moved them to 20 gallon tall tanks in the basement tank stand and set them up for breeding.

I fed them well and very soon they were spawning but I was unable to get them to hatch. I tried them with the parents because I wanted the parents to raise them and after failing that I tried to hatch them artificially-if my memory serves me correctly I had two fry hatch and survive. Well to make a long story short I got frustrated, sold off the stock . Its been awhile and I can't remember all the details of anti-fungal medications I used on the eggs etc. but if any of you have gone through this and have solved your problems I would enjoy hearing your experiences. Thanks

I artificially hatch mine and use maroxy. Also they do better if the temps raised to 80 and make sure the water's clean. The mr. fishclubgirl uses methylene blue but I always manage to stain my hands, shirts,carpet, cat, etc. whenever I use it.

For the eggs I hatch artificially, I use Methylene Blue in R/O water. Increasing the temp will cause the eggs to hatch faster (less time to fungus). REMOVE any bad eggs when they turn white, they will fungus and it will guickly spread to the good eggs.

For the eggs I let the parents hatch, i remove the slate when the eggs start to hatch and the fry are still attached.

With young stock you may need to let them have a few batches before they "GET IT RIGHT". Good luck

• 3 months later...

I use Hydrogen Peroxide 3% when I am hatching angelfish eggs artificially. I add 2ml of H2O2 per gallon. I try o stay away from Methylene Blue. I hate having blue fingers for a few days and also it causes deformation of fish (bent or missing fins) if you overdose it.