Let Down

darrin34

So I went for a vacation for a week did a water change and made sure my water was all topped up in my reef tank . A friend of the family was taking care of our cats and keeping an eye on everything . I gave him a list of things to do and watch out for on my tank and my cell number if any problems I text him almost everyday how things were to make sure protein skimmer did not over flow . So I came home tonight everything in my tank was dead the water was gross grey . He said that the skimmer over flowed and leaked onto the power bar . And shorted out no text to me on what to do . No call I asked him today how things were and he said fine . What should I do now . sue him . Can I claim this on insurance ? Any ideas I'm lost for words

Were you paying your friend to watch the fish? If not, then you have no grounds for legal action. Unless you have specific clauses in your insurance for this type of thing you're kind-of SOL, since they'll say it was user error. :( Sucks man, sorry to hear it though.

Feel your pain. It's hard trusting others with your tanks. Especially when you give specific instructions that are simple to follow and they still manage to mess it up. Boggling.

I have a 15 day vacation coming up and I'm so scared it's not even funny.

Feel your pain. It's hard trusting others with your tanks. Especially when you give specific instructions that are simple to follow and they still manage to mess it up. Boggling.

I have a 15 day vacation coming up and I'm so scared it's not even funny.

*cough* I live 5 minutes from your house.

Edited by jeremoose