Low Bio-Load In 75G

flyfisher

So just finishing up treatment with Levamisole lost alot of stock before i found the Lev, and now my plants are really suffering and algea is thriving LOL from the lose of all the nutreints supplied by the fish and all of the 50% water changes ( nitrates at 0 ) I was looking for a temp.fix until I can bring bio-load back up(have fish in QT ).

set up is

75 gallon

flourite red

2 x T5HO = 108 watts

plants include

melon sword

amazon sword

dwarf amazon sword

java fern

jungle val

horn wort

hygro

6 Kuhli loachs

6 amano shrimp

2 bristtle nose

3 neons

All other stock wiped out or euthanized because of Camallanus worms

any thoughts or ideas

thanks

FLY

FLY

Edited by flyfisher

You can add pure ammonia, I got mine from Safeway. You can then get it ready for a full bioload before you return your fish.

Sorry Ron I should have mentioned I still have stock in the 75 g I will edit original post.

thanks

FLY

You can add pure ammonia, I got mine from Safeway. You can then get it ready for a full bioload before you return your fish.

Sorry Ron I should have mentioned I still have stock in the 75 g I will edit original post.

thanks

FLY

Ahhhh that makes all the difference.

If you don't want to quarantine the rest and add ammonia, I would follow what SGG said. When you are ready to start adding fish, get some media or do a sponge exchange with a friend.