Eggs! What Do I Do?

SuperGuppyGirl

i have 6 angels that are around 2.5-3 inches in diameter in a 35 gallon tall tank, with 3 bolivian rams and 5 albino corys, 4 danios, and 5 bloodfins with 2 aquaclear 30 running and a lil 6 inch bubble wall went to do my weekly WC and noticed on my rena heater, a huge collection of brownish eggs must be my angels otherwise they would have been eaten, now im in a quandary on how to proceed do i do a wc? Do i sink the heater lower and then do it so i dont shock the eggs? Thought they were to small yet to breed. Any help?

You can wait a few days on your WC, and let them hatch. If you want to keep the fry, be prepared to move them bc once they're free swimming your tetras will go after them.

Once they hatch, the parents will move the wrigglers deeper in the tank; then you can carry on with regular maintenance.

Angel eggs are usually whitish opaque. Their chosen spot to lay them sure sounds like something an angel would do. I am wondering if cooked angel eggs are brown?

The pair would be tending to and defending the clutch if it were viable. What I think you have is omelet treats for the tank inhabitants.

I could handle it if they were cooked, setting up a 75 g for these guys as i grew them out from 3 week olds, and did not think they could spawn so small, was so not prepared for that, is it a good sign if they are laying so small? Or should i be worried about it? Oh and the heater is a rena smart heater so they dont get very warm but to play it safe when transferring to the big tank if there were propped flat slate scattered around they would prefer that over the heater?

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

IME, they tend to like laying in the top 1/2 of the tank. I've had countless suitable spawning sites in tanks over the years, and they typically choose sites that are higher in the water column. YMMV, tho.

Top half for sure. I remember Angel Al mentioning hydrostatic pressure killing fry. So the top half of the tank for sure. Also a PVC pipe leaned almost vertical in the tank is an attractive place for them to lay eggs too. Mine always laid there or on a leaf.

Update the eggs are a brownish yellow with a few white ones which i seen one parent eat a few, they are angelfish eggs, my platinum and oddball are confirmed as the parents and are beating the crap out of anything that comes near, including putting the final blow to a bolvian ram that got to near, came in as they were finishing him off, going to let them be and see what happens, thanks for the help guys n gals