Marine Copepods For Mandarin

halwake

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I finally got mine to accept small mysis,here's how...Isolate him in a shaded guppy breeder add some coral frenzy to "chum" the water and add mysis.after a week of feeding 5to 10 mysis per day, :thumbs: put him back and target feed every other day.he's super fat and active now

So I picked up a male, put him in a breeder net for 1 week and he was eating frozen brine, did not seem interested in mysis too much. He escaped into the tank and went back into looking for copepods, he was not interested in the shrimp. I finally caught him again and put him back into the breeder net. To my surprise he started eating mysis. I got the small ones from Hikari so they are easier for him to eat. I started adding some flake and he would test that too. I kept him in there for just about 3 weeks the second time and released him into the tank. I got a long feeder tube or turkey baster and turned off circulation and blew some mysis into one corner each day when he was there. He started eating it and looking for the baster. The other fish caught on so I did the mandarin diner method. After a day or so he started going into the clear jar to eat in peace. Now he will eat frozen mysis, frozen brine, small bloodworms. He does not seem to interested in flake anymore, and I have not yet seen him eat any pellets. I have had him now for 2-3 months now and he is doing well. He's not fat but eats every time I put food in his diner. He even goes in there when there is nothing. Just have to be very patient and make sure they are eating well before releasing into the main tank or they seem to ignore what you are offering and keep looking for pods.

Edited by halwake