Strange Haze On Glass

flyfisher

Picked up 4 x20 g aquariums on kijji was in the process on relining them when I noticed a strange haze on some of the sides its hard to explain even harder to get a picture.But it looks like a home done window tint gone bad.Tried scraping it off nope then tried iso alcohol,vinegar even some CLR all nope any ideas or remedies.

FLY

Tried scraping it off nope then tried iso alcohol,vinegar even some CLR all nope any ideas or remedies.

Is it on the outside?

If you figure it's glue gum, and water based cleaners won't lift it off, you could try a solvent like goo-gone, or lighter fluid. I've used these to remove the gummy residue left behind after peeling off stick-on tank thermometers. Because they are solvents I keep it away from the glass seams.

If you think the glass is etched, you could try buffing it out with baking soda/water. I know it sounds dumb, but toothpaste might do the same thing. Try it on a small test area first though.

Does the haze show when the tank is filled?

Ron

Thanks I forgot about the baking soda / toothpaste I remember using it on some Raybans I scrached up a few years ago I'll give it a try, stain appears to be on the inside haven't filled with water yet needs to cure for another 24hrs.

• 2 weeks later...

I give up this stain must be permanent or it will soon be it is on the outside glass tried everything its on the long side so I'm just going to paint it and call it a background LOL.