29 Gallon Community Tank... Young

DustinWozniak

Stocked with just what you see in my signature. (the ship I know looks cheap and unnatural but it's only in there temporarily as a hiding space for my eel) I had to get rid of another decoration my catfish almost killed himself with?

Ps does anybody know a good low/medium foreground plant. I tried E.Tenellus but it isn't exactly thriving :/

also know the tank is only about a month and a half old, still obviously needs work.

Nice setup

Are you adding fertilizers or c02?Also what kind of lights do you have?

People could give you better plant suggestions if they knew these^.

Looking on my iPad at work(literally nothing to do for 30mins,I even swept the whole shop)

Your plants look healthy

What do you mean by they are not "thriving"

Do you mean they are not spereading quickly?or do you mean they are slowly dieing?

Usually if you want fast growth you need to get complicated and add co2 and fertilizers and high lighting.

But you can have slow healthy growth without high light and c02

If you're having a hard time with E. tennelus, you won't do much better with any other carpet plant. In my experience, it's the easiest by far.

Anubias nana (and varieties) stay quite small and doesn't require much.

Im really limited as far as lighting goes. i would love to put some t5HO in there but i really enjoy having the canopy. now if i could find a canopy with HO ballasts that would be kickass or if somebody could even walk me through a retrofit.

I do dose with nutrafin plant-gro about once every week and a half and for the most part their doing great, however almost all of my E.Tennellus has died off and the stuff thats living is pretty stagnate.

I could always try CO2 but i think it would be a waste with my lighting

Instead of CO2, start with Excel or Metricide. It might help the Pygmy chain sword and your other plants.

I think Plant-gro is just micronutrients (iron, etc); you may benefit from adding a bit of nitrogen.