My Shrimp Rack

jumpsmasher

Very informative. Thanks for the info.

hb

np hb. The last year & half was definitely a bit of a learning curve but I think I finally dialled in to what I need to do to keep them happy. If I can pass any info I learn to to help fellow hobbyists than I am more than happy to share. Of course I think the next 6 months will still be an adventure, especially as the tanks mature.

I got the feeding dishes off ebay - they were sold as cheap glass petri dishes. I think i got 10 of them (w/ covers) for around $20. They are made out really thin glass but it works well enuf. The nicer Pyrex ones are around $6 each

That's a pretty good price for the cheap ones. I prefer the NAG Aqua Music ones over the Pyrex ones.

• 3 weeks later...

ya the NAG are even nicer.. but they are like $13 each.. :P

come to think of it there must be some nice glass ashtrays out there that would make good feeding dishes...

Got a tip from another forum and went to Ikea to get some these dishes, larger and not quite as nice as my Ebi-Ten but for $3.49 for 6 how could I not.

Dishes.jpg

Here are my Super Tigers in their Ebi-Ten feed trough

SuperTigers.jpg

Ron

Edited by Ron

ya i saw the same post... Seems a bit high but let me know how your shrimps like them. even with my short ones, I find the shrimplets have a hard time getting out of them so I put a few things inside to help them get out.. lol