Pea Puffer Not Eating For A Few Days Now

Reytube

I had the same issue,after months of healthy behaviour my old set of pea puffers refused to eat.

Are you keeping a lot of MTS and RRH snails in the tank with them?i used to throw all my pest snails in their tank,helps their teath

I used normal foods(pellets,flakes,frozen,and freeze dried)but soak them in pure garlic extract(available at most health stores)or just take some clean garlic cloves and crush them and use some of their juice.

Or if you have an extra air pump hatch some bbs I found they like to snack on live foods

Edit-adding about garlic

Edited by Sprucegruve

They usually love frozen blood worms, maybe a call to the place you picked it up from and check to see what they were feeding.Never tried garlic before have to try it one of these days.

I had best success with supplementing frozen brine shrimp and bloodworms with little pest plant snails: I don't think they can actually eat MTS snails. Most fish can't because they have little trap doors. They did eat RRHS but seemed to "nibble them to death" I'm not sure how much they actually ate before there were decomposing snails on the floor of the tank. Those little pond snails were the coolest: the puffers sucked them right out of their shells. Another thing I used was itty-bitty red wigglers from my vermiculture. It was a serious PITA to harvest those almost microscopic babys but they sure attract the puffers attention!