He finally came out

Sammy

Howdy,

Every time I get this camera out this little bugger runs for shelter. He is the only one that is camera shy. So finally I got some nice pictures of him and Id like to share. He is approx 4.5" and is in Breeding mode with his mate right now. Hope he does the dirty deed soon so we can have some little ones.

Azureus1.jpg

Azureus2.jpg

Azureus3.jpg

Azureus4.jpg

This little guy grew the fastest out of all my fish, hope his kids do the same.

Sammy

Just a little update on this guy he is now a proud papa!! Mama is doing well and will probably get stripped today.

RDFISHGUY, he is in a custom 30 gallon just him and his lady. As soon as we strip her we will put the male back in the show tank (all male) and let her rest up for a week and then it will be time for round two. I hope the fry grow as fast as the male we have...he was maybe 1.5" in February when we purchased him and is now 4.5". The only other fish we have had that grew this fast was back when we had a borleyi who grew crazy fast and then turned into a :cuss: so we traded him in.

Thanks for the compliments we will let you know when the fry are ready to go.

Amy

PS- I think they have been in this tank less than two weeks together

Edited by sammyswife

Thanks Pop_Eye!

You are welcome here anytime - not just to buy fish, there is nothing better than talking fish with people who love them!! I wish we had known some local breeders when we first started instead of having to pay the big bucks at Big Als but, at least we got high quality beautiful fish.

Thank you so much for letting us know they had Neolamprologus tretocephalus at Big Als. Sammy went and picked one up shortly after you left...he's a real beauty. Sammy will probably post some pics soon.

Amy