Hello From Kitchener-Waterloo

zenins

Hi all,

My name is Zenin ( rhymes with men-in ) and I am a member of the Kitchener-Waterloo Aquarium Society in southern Ontario, about 100 km west of Toronto.

I have been in the tropical fish hobby since I was about 12 years old.

My oldest son and daughter have completed college and university, my youngest son is in third year.

In 2002, I joined the local aquarium club and shortly after that went from 1 aquarium to 9, before my wife said that is the max !

I keep South American Geophagus Eartheaters, many species of tetras, plecos, severums, festivums.

I also keep African rift lake cichlids, synodontis petricolas, barbs and other cyprinids, and I have a special interest in loaches.

I am one of our club forum administrators at http://www.kwas.ca/forum/forum.php

I have attended several Ohio Cichlid Association conventions in Cleveland Ohio.

I have also attended all the CAOAC conventions held in Southern Ontario since 2005.

I am hoping to attend the next CAOAC convention in Edmonton during the long weekend in May.

Perhaps I will meet some of you then ...

Hello and welcome to AA. I've been on and off in the hobby since around your starting age as well. Currently my 5 y/o is just as happy with the hobby as I, so I'm quite glad @ that. ...although our own passion is more of planted tanks and shrimp than of actual fish!

Again, welcome and have fun.

I did have a 100 gallon planted tank for a couple of years, but then the severums grew to adult hood and ate the plants :flex:

I now have lots of rocks, driftwood and silk plants instead -roll-

Welcome Zenin!! There's a rumour you're an awesome photographer too. Perhaps you'll post some pics for us!!

I have posted a few photos here already, but I have lots on my home forum, and in the club newsletter ;)

Welcome to the forum Zenin - fellow KWAS member. :-)

Hi to you too Jarmila

I have purchased flake food, especially spirulina, from AngelFins and an Eheim canister.

I have see her planted tank setups, they are wonderful :)