New Shrimp Rack

Dukeswild

So finally got around to putting a rack together to simplify things and be alil more equipped

I decided to go with a 36"w x 18"d x 72"h rack from Home Depot. That gave me plenty of room for 3 30" tanks. 2 being 20g long and the one on the bottom being 24g. Then leave the top

Shelf open for a 20g long water change tank. For lighting all 3 tanks are set up on timers with aqueon 30" led modular hoods. I've added in the 2 extra bulbs for now and love the setup

The shelves where just put together a few days ago. So will be left alone for a few weeks to mature before the shrimp will be moved over

This my first time posting pics so hopefully

It works out.

IMG_1179_zpsbc3f6be9.jpg

The bottom tank is the 24g setup for my sss crs. Substrate is Ada amazonia with power sand and Ada bacter/ mineral supplements. Filteration on this tank is a fluval c3 full of seeded media and a dual sponge filter. The hob is defiantly over kill

But I like the fluval a for media space and options and then keep the flow rate down. Also added is and existing piece of driftwood with moss.

IMG_1172_zpsae709242.jpg

The middle tank consist of a 20g long and also a fluval c3 with dual sponges. For Substrate I'm using black flourite with bacter and mineral supplements. The flourite is for the painted fire shrimp and helps out bring out a true red.

IMG_1181_zpsacd8ab93.jpg

Then finally the top tank for now will be a neo cull tank and my other odd neos. Atleast

Till i get some more super tigers. This tank has the same filtration and uses just inert gravel.

IMG_1180_zps46bb55a7.jpg

Looking forward to moving everything in once they mature enough to do so.

very nice! my new prl rack is similar in size and configuration as well. The 20G long is really size to work with. I have divided my into 3 section for selective breeding purposes.

What type of rock do you have on the left hand size of the SSS CRS tank?

Ya so far I'm more then happy happy with the size. But as you mentioned when it comes to fine tuning I imagine ill be getting some 10g going.

For the now here set up alil more complicated then I'd like. But after tearing down a couple other setups I've ended up with alot of extra plants and ect. So for now till these tanks mature I out them in there and after ill simplify them. As for that Rick I'm not sure exactly what it is, but it has a steady stream of bubbles coming off it so it will be coming out. Thanks for bringing that up.

• 4 weeks later...