Yellow lab hybrids

Spader

Hey,

I was just curious about all yellow labs? I just picked up a female (she was holding when I bought her), and wanted to add her to my tank that has a dominate Male Lab and a sub dominate All Yellow. Who will likely father her next batch?

I know that they are hybrids and that isn't my point. I'm just here from the joy of it, not the profit or purist crusade.

Thanks.

If spader doesn't care if his fish are hybrid and doesn't plan on selling the fry, then it doens't really matter who his new female breeds with.

But spader, if you want to breed(even if by accident) and sell the fry i'd remove the hybrid and find quality fish.

So the real question is, why do you want to know who is more likely to breed with her. Is it just for curiousity or are you hoping that it will be the dom. male so that the fry aren't hybrids and you can sell them?

yes, i believe the all yellow labs are hybrids.

But there are also lots of poor quality yellow labs out there. SO if you want to breed them you need to be becareful when choosing your breeders.

But if you dont' want to raise and sell the fry stick with which ever fish you like.

All yellow labs are indeed hybrids.

I went to bed with that on my mind... and woke up with more questions.

If all yellow labs are hybrids... Why can they be Wild Caught with their own scientific name?

its not a man made hybrid, as nature/in the wid has taken that course.

evolution...???

Sorry if i seem confused... because i am!

nev

Nev - all yellow labs = yellow/yellow labs, as in no black.  They are a man made fish derived from crossing two unrelated species.

I have to admit, at first glance that comment still confused me. :wacko: What was meant was "all-yellow" labs are hybrids, not every yellow lab is a hybrid.