Cas Meeting Tuesday Night

So January 8th is our monthly meeting and the topic is killifish(heard a rumour there may be some given away). As for some reason I seem to have a killi tank on my kitchen counter, this should be interesting. The jar show will be plants and we will have our raffle, door prize and mini auction too. Hope to see you there!!

It's 30 dollars for the year and that gives you discounts at Big Al's, Riverfront, Pisces, Aquarium Central and possibly Petland in the future as well as our magazine too. It's a great way to meet new fish friends and learn more about the hobby too. Meeting starts at 730pm and is at Crescent Heights community association 1101- 2nd St NW. Have heard a rumour that there's going to be draws for 10 pair of killifish too....Hope to see you there!!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah. With a membership you get deals at stores too. I popped into Pisces to buy a few one pound frozen flats of blood worms. Worked out to barely over 12 bucks each. The owner dude gave me a dirty look. As I had just cleared out his freezer then pulled out the old discount card. Muhahahahah!

Edited by Jayba

Jayba,

I can one up you on that. I'm in Riverfront today and they have c. reticulatus for 8.99. I pick out my group of 7(as I'm allowed to net my own fish there) and head up to the till. The total comes to 52.85 with my CAS discount and..... I pull out my fifty dollars in gift certificates that I won by participating in the club programs and hand over 2.85 for some less common wild caught cories. Score!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Next meeting is this Tuesday. The presentation is on "The shallow lakes of southern alberta and the fish communities therein" by Cory Kremer which sounds very interesting!! And yes, the jar show is shrimp which should be fun. Wingin it, will be bringing it on with her painted fire reds.... Also, get your auction lots from me for the March 17th auction and don't forget volunteers get an extra 5 lots(and a hotdog!!!). Hope to see you there!!

You label with your Member number - 01, then member number - 02...etc. Of course, the name of what is inside is a good idea too. Max. 5 items.

The club takes 30% (to support our yearly activities) and then you will get the cash later that night after all the accounting is done.

Edited by Wingin' It