Hagen Elite Submersible Heaters

Znaika

Information on the packaging is ambiguous:

Manufacturer's web site confirms that the heater is "completely submersible":

Are Elite submersable heaters fully submersible - why is there is a waterline

I was just inquiring about the Elite submersible heaters. I was told by the sales representative that the whole unit can be fully submerged, and I've read on other web sites that it can be. What's confusing me is that it has a maximum water level line. I'

To be C.S.A. approved in Canada we have to specify a waterline, but the unit is completely submersible. To ensure even heat distribution place heater vertically. The heater should not touch anything when it is in the water, as this may cause uneven heat dispersion and cause the tube to become weakened.

http://faq.hagencrm....bfaqid=21763

Elite Submersible Aquarium Heater

I have purchased an Elite "submersible" Aquarium heater. It shows a MAXIMUM water line at the top of the unit which would lead me to believe the unit cannot have water above this marking. Can you please let me know if this is actually completely submers

All Elite Submersible Heaters are built to be impervious to water. To be C.S.A. approved in Canada we have to specify a waterline, but the unit is completely submersible. To ensure even heat distribution place heater vertically.

http://faq.hagencrm....bfaqid=21774

Elite Submersible Heaters are fully submersible

I was just inquiring about the Elite submersible heaters. I was told by the sales representative that the whole unit can be fully submerged, and I've read on other web sites that it can be. What's confusing me is that it has a maximum water le

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. To be C.S.A. approved in Canada we have to specify a waterline, but the unit is completely submersible. To ensure even heat distribution place heater vertically.

http://faq.hagencrm....bfaqid=21764

This is the reason I have stayed away from and gone with other heaters.

To be C.S.A. approved in Canada we have to specify a waterline, but the unit is completely submersible.

This is also confusing, because ALL of my fully submersible heaters have 'minimum' water lines on them.

I've had this heater on two aquariums. Fully submerged for 3 years. No a single problem. It keeps the water at the set temperature on the dial.

I have a 3rd Elite Heater that I use occasionally in a tub to do my wine making and keep the juice at a specific temperature for fermenting. Fully submerged too.

Edited by Vanterax

This is also confusing, because ALL of my fully submersible heaters have 'minimum' water lines on them.

Minimum line is understandable. A heater must be immersed to a certain min level not to overheat and break. It is maximum level on the fully submersible heater that is confusing.

Is Jagar submersible? I've always liked the idea of being able to just install a heater in a canister filter and feel confident its not going to go haywire, but I haven't noticed a heater unit that would lend itself appropriately for that.