Geophagus Steindachneri Compatibility

SuperGuppyGirl

So at AC and saw they have these guys, now have read several mixed reviews about them. My main concern as always is the Corydoras in the tank size wise (pandas up to bronzes all full grown) are the G. Steindachneri peaceful enough to keep with my Cory's, Cryptoheros and Angelfish in this tank? It's a 75G with a pair of Cryptoheros, 8 Rummynose, 4 plecos ( starlight BN, albino BN, clown, rubber lip), 30ish asst Cory's , 8 angelfish (4 full grown, 4 twoonie sized) filtered with fluval 404 and hydro 4 sponge, sand bottom, live plants, 36" bubble wall. Now I will be rehoming 2-4 of the full grown angels hopefully soon. As I want to start off with youngsters with those. Besides space wise currently is this doable? Should I be worried about the MTS in the sand with the Geos earth eating ? I would be getting a breeding trio to help spread the male's amorous intents. Also could post what their max size you have experienced, i have seen anywhere from 5-10" for the males, as this is a factor for yay or nay. Thanks people's.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

Got me curious now too I'm picking up some geos today.Should I put some of my mts in too!

Geos tend to spit out MTS. If you can find live bloodworms/blackworms they will love you FOREVER!!! (So will your Cories!). I think you'll have to make a choice between the nanoluteus and the Geos - they essentially occupy the same part of the tank and have similar needs for space... and both can be quite pushy when breeding. It might work for now, but when they get full grown, the 75 is only big enough for one sp.

That all being said, they'll be fine with your Corys.