Plant Id Help Please

SuperGuppyGirl

So picked this up for $5 at a lfs, and I forgot to ask what it is d'oh. I think it is hairgrass but can't really find out its care requirements. If it is hairgrass should I trim it back? It's going into my 35G with some water sprite, a few different Crypts, a moss covered airbar, and some driftwood with several java ferns and Anubias. Plain old T8's, an AC 50 filter and 12 Cory's, 5 betta ocellatas, and 6 gardeneri killifish will be the stock list. As always help is greatly appreciated. Don't plan on fertilizing as my plants never seem to need it.

post-5607-0-92751800-1364176294_thumb.jpg

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

looks like dwarf hair grass as I have it and it looks exactly as this same scale too

if you have lots of fish that will go a long way to provide plant food. since I have zero fish, i must use ferts.

keep the hair grass long, cut it back not much more than 50% to keep it shorter...it's a forgiving plant. I let mine grow out and don't trim. :thumbs:

Edited by ckmullin

Awesome thanks, picked this up at Aquarium Illusions. Been watching for something like this at AC but if he got it in I missed it. Thinking now that I'll add it to my 33G switching out some more water sprite as my Cherrys in there will appreciate it more. Can't wait for the other tank to finish cycling. Have a ton of rescaping to do in all my tanks. Especially the 75 standard to hopefully coax the angels to breed lol now if only I could grow houseplants.

Awesome thanks, picked this up at Aquarium Illusions. Been watching for something like this at AC but if he got it in I missed it. Thinking now that I'll add it to my 33G switching out some more water sprite as my Cherrys in there will appreciate it more. Can't wait for the other tank to finish cycling. Have a ton of rescaping to do in all my tanks. Especially the 75 standard to hopefully coax the angels to breed lol now if only I could grow houseplants.

Use water change water in your.houseplants they will love it