Shrimp Varieties Fs/ft In Calgary?

The_Little_One

Hey folks. Long time no posting.

I'm curious about the various types of shrimp we have around Calgary. I've been in search of macros but I can't seem to track them down often, and I always seem to miss when Big Al's brings in other unique types; i.e. skunk shrimp, etc.

Please post the shrimp varieties you have and if you are open to FS or FT.

Thanks!

at the CAS monthly meeting you can often find Orange, Cherries, Greens, sometimes Rili, CRS.
Another member on here has several types of wicked shrimp...but I haven't seen him post any yet...but when he does...i'm sure they'll sell out uber fast!

Pisces' been bring in some of the more fancier shrimps such as the Sulawesi shrimps now that they have their new shrimp rack up and running.

I think the issue is that most of the fancier shrimp species do not do well in our tap water and there is not local importer / breeder as they are mainly located in Vancouver and Toronto. Only the Neo's seems to do well in our tap water (Red Cherry, PFR, Orange, Yellow, Rili's etc;) . The crystal reds / blacks, tiger, BKK, etc; shrimps require more specific water conditions that generally require the use of remineralized R/O water.

There is a few of us here that are currently raising various and we usually get our shrimps thru Ron's group orders from Ebi-Ken.

He is currently putting together a group order so if you want anything i would message him.

Myself, I am currently breeding Crystal Red (CRS), Crystal Black (CBS), Orange pumpkin / Sakura, Super Tigers, Orange Eye Blue Tigers (OEBT), Black Tigers (BTOE) and well as attempting to breed a few Pure Line CRS / CBS (PRL / PBL).

I am still waiting for my population to grow in the hundreds (well more like thousands) and have the required tanks set up to starting culling them - at which stage I might have some for sale.

I never had any of the shrimps up for sale, can't say why as I had population booms in the past but usually just end up giving them away to friends and family or putting them in my cull tanks and let them grow out in there.. but i guess it comes down to being too lazy to post an ad in the classified section.. lol

My self im trying to breed yellow check bee shrimp( sulawesi shrimp)but im having a small issue with this "new" tank. water flow. Ill see how they do

PS: Ill be having some white spot red bee coming soon ( i need to check my numbers but around 50 of them)

Edited by Claudiohv