Rainbowfish

jeremoose

The more I see of these fish the more the wife and I want to have a Rainbowfish tank possibly with some fancy plecos. We are set on Boesemani Rainbows for sure but what other rainbows can we keep in the tank? Will be a heavily planted, well filtered, 90g.

Thanks.

EDIT: nothing TOO crazy please, I would prefer it to be a fish I don't have to order in and ideally a fish that is locally bred.

Edited by jeremoose

get ahold of Rainbowrick and Galeen on the boards here. Between the two of them you might be VERY surprised at what's available locally ;)

So far I've got a group of 6 parkisons, 6 pagai village, 4 skull creek, and 7 deep waters with my bosi's coming soon :) After that I need to buy a new house to keep the fish in as

I'm at the limits with my wife lol

cheers,

Antonio

actually, pretty sure Rick has some pagai village up at the moment, and Galeen likely still has some deep waters. (I'm not one for their proper names sorry )

get ahold of Rainbowrick and Galeen on the boards here. Between the two of them you might be VERY surprised at what's available locally ;)

So far I've got a group of 6 parkisons, 6 pagai village, 4 skull creek, and 7 deep waters with my bosi's coming soon :) After that I need to buy a new house to keep the fish in as

I'm at the limits with my wife lol

cheers,

Antonio

actually, pretty sure Rick has some pagai village up at the moment, and Galeen likely still has some deep waters. (I'm not one for their proper names sorry )

Hey thanks for all the info! Do you have a single large aquarium setup or you have species-only tanks?

I currently have 4 different spp. in a 120gal planted... And all of them are spawning regularly! Though, to raise fry, I need to separate them to a species spawning tank.

I've got mine scattered about the house ;) I'm trying to ensure I don't mix species in which (to me) the females are hard to tell apart. The males are no brainers, they look so different ;)

Hence, 90G has parkis, 30G has skull creek and deep waters atm, 2nd 30G has the pagai village group. I've gone for 3 pairs of all but the skull creek which are 2 pairs, hoping to make these my first breeding project.

cheers,

Antonio

Yes I have fry of:

M. Parva 1.25 " "$ 12 pr. 3 pair for $ 30.00

M. splendida splendida (deep water creek) 2 " $15 pr 3 pair for $40 1 adult pair $25.00

2 or 3 Pr adults M. machalocci (skull creek ) $ 20 pr.ON HOLD

1 M. boesmani (aytinjo) young pair, about 2.5 " $30

1 young C. bleherii adult trio, $ 20

1 young adult C. faciata faowi village pair $20

3 pr of Pheudomogul Gertrudea $25 pr. 3 pair for $60.

So there is a tank full of rainbows for you :D

John

Edited by geleen