New Yellows

OldCanuk

Fantastic! Were they the ones in that group order from Shrimpfever?

You betcha. They are doing well. 4 females and 18 males. Lost 3 early on but acceptable attrition I would say

Congrats on the berried female. Wow, that's a crappy sex ratio. Did you drip acclimatize them?

Fantastic! Were they the ones in that group order from Shrimpfever?

You betcha. They are doing well. 4 females and 18 males. Lost 3 early on but acceptable attrition I would say

Congrats on the berried female. Wow, that's a crappy sex ratio. Did you drip acclimatize them?

Nope. Unless you call 1 turkey Baster of tank water added every 10 min for an hour, drip acclimatizing?

Nope. Unless you call 1 turkey Baster of tank water added every 10 min for an hour, drip acclimatizing?

Did you try and match the water parameters of the breeder? I only drip if the water parameters are fairly different. For my latest order, all I did was float the bag to get temps close and then bomb acclimatized them ie. netted them out and dropped them in. So this order I did this with Blue Pearls, CRS, Mischlings and Tibees.

If you need to drip them, use a piece of airline tubing with a ball valve. Start the siphon and reduce rate to 2 drops/second.

Did you try and match the water parameters of the breeder? I only drip if the water parameters are fairly different. For my latest order, all I did was float the bag to get temps close and then bomb acclimatized them ie. netted them out and dropped them in. So this order I did this with Blue Pearls, CRS, Mischlings and Tibees.

If you need to drip them, use a piece of airline tubing with a ball valve. Start the siphon and reduce rate to 2 drops/second.

If you don't have a ball valve you can just tie a knot in the airline and tighten it until you get the desired drop per second as well.