Spotted(Or Striped) C.weitzmanni(Or However It's Spelled)

fishclubgirl

Petland Crowfoot is selling cory weitzmanni as pandas for 7 dollars if you buy 3-5, 6.65 if you get 6 or more. These fish are on the small side but I've been impressed with my cory collection which is mainly from Petland. As for the weitzmanni, you know you can't have just one....

I already have a group but did pick up 4 more. Just watched "hoarding, buried alive" last night so I'm trying to show restraint....

I forced myself to part with 59 Corys due to wanting to breed angels. Hardest thing I ever did. Down to only 15 each hastatus/habrosus/pygmy, 5 each dulicareious/black schultzei, 8 melanotaenia, 4 sterbai and 2 reticulated. Tanks feel empty. Hurry up lasers lol.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

Well now spring is here so now you need a spotted theme tank too. One must keep up with the current trends. Might I suggest some juliis, melastanius or sterbais to go with the limia vittatas? Lol.

Edited by SuperGuppyGirl

Actually I keep my sterbai, napoensis and loxonzus with calico swordtials for more of a spotted theme tank... The duplicarus and melini are in with rainbows for more of a horizontal striped idea. Okay, there's a whole bunch of other cories who don't match their tankmates at all, scattered in other tanks too. And Superguppygirl, you didn't have to ditch the cories(unless to me) as angels will breed in community tanks and cories are the least of their worries!!

Unfortunately, angels weren't spawning at 78F, and the Cory's were okay at that temp but at 80F which the angels did spawn at, the Cory's were very stressed and definitely unhappy so as sucky as it was to rehome at least they are happy in the enormous tank they went to. So as I cranked the heat I did end up with a pair who have laid twice and eaten both times so hoping now that the others angels are gone I can get a decent spawn going.

Put in a swordplant and steal their eggs as they'll probably use the plant. Then keep the eggs at 80 with some antifungal. Has worked for me for years(and I kept all my cories!!)