New 60G And Home-Built Stand

jeremoose

Hey all, for those of you who went to the auction you probably noticed the 60g home-made tank with 3 sides shower glass and the front pane view-able. I got this thing for 24$!!! It just needed resealed so I resealed it yesterday and tonight after work I whipped up the stand and a plexi-glass lid.

Reseal Successful, used GE Silicone 1.

41720408.jpg

Dirty plexi fitted.

22423642.jpg

Completed stand, first time working with oak sheeting.

15489931.jpg

18913889.jpg

Hopefully by this time tomorrow I'll be updating with pictures of it in it's new location. Thanks for looking.

EDIT: if the stand looks low, that's because it IS. It's only 27 inches high, I wanted it to be low enough for my youngest daughter (who can be seen photo-bombing in the first picture) could easily see in.

Edited by jeremoose

Looking just fine. I have had plexi glass bend quit a bit over a tank so perhaps look out for that.

J

I've also had a plexiglass top bend. It would droop inwards so I just flipped it each week. Attaching some type of bracing will stop that.

Looks great!

Yeah I'm going to have to figure out some sort of bracing system, not sure what it'll be yet by I'll make something work. Thanks for the help!

looks good

Thanks!

Nice Subaru too :D

Rofl, thanks, just got it for my wife a couple weeks ago. Love it!